If your “friends” only show up for the good times, for the parties, or for the times when they need you to fill a void within themselves, then maybe it’s time to reevaluate who you allow in your life.
If you’ve always been there for them through their hardships in life but they always seem to disappear whenever you’re going through your own, then that’s a huge sign your relationship with them is a one-way street.
Start keeping tabs if you feel you need to and find out for yourself if the relationship seems to be off-balance. If it is, try gently addressing their behavior (in person would be ideal.)
If they react negatively, go into denial, project anger, etc., then maybe it’s time to consider letting them go… with love. This is because they are not yet able to see this aspect about themselves right now and are choosing to put up a mask as a way to protect themselves.
Letting them go doesn’t necessarily mean forever, it can mean you’ll hold space for them until they do the work to change this aspect about themselves.
They also may never change and that’s okay, too, because:
- It’s not their time to grow just yet
- They might not be able to turn inwards and take a look at themselves (especially if they can’t feel empathy)
- It’s not your job to lift them up or do their inner work for them
- They have free will so they can do whatever they want
- You won’t feel drained or hurt by them anymore because you set a healthy boundary and stuck to it
- You’re not here to save them
- You don’t have to try to change someone else just so you can BE happy
- You have free will so you can do whatever YOU want
Relationships are a two-way street. Love yourself enough to trust your feelings and intuition and walk away from anyone who can’t/won’t meet you at your level.
By doing this, you’ll not only be staying in alignment with who you really are and keeping your vibration UP, but you’ll also be putting out a strong signal to the universe that you are no longer accepting LESS. And that energy will, in turn, attract more equal love going forward. ❤️