Welcome to my 20th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Feb 27 - Mar 5, 2017.
This past week has been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been running all over the city, helping others with their needs (a lot of last minute emergencies,) which means my needs were put on the back burner. It's ironic how others' problems suddenly become my problem... ugh. That being said, I've struggled to complete all my goals for the week.
I've noticed that I've been feeling grumpier lately, and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I've been putting myself last. I've struggled with this kind of thing for as long as I can remember, so I'm thinking that maybe these negative feelings are just striking a chord with me. Maybe it's my body's way of telling me it's time to reassess things.
Or maybe I just need to shake it off and try better for this week. Things can come up without notice and sometimes there's not much we can do to control them. Maybe I just need to learn from these experiences, try not to dwell on them on keep moving forward.
Anyways, moving on...
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The biggest struggles I'm working through this week in business and life.
I work really well with structure and routine, but when my schedule gets interrupted, my goals don't always get accomplished, which makes me feel like I failed myself. I wish there was a way I could help others and still be able to help myself, but when it comes to being creative, I am only able to produce quality content when I have large chunks of time to myself. If I'm constantly being interrupted, my creativity plummets and I get nothing done. This is where having the ability to say "no" without feeling guilty about it comes in to play. Why is the word "no" so hard to say?! I feel like I'm letting other people down, that's why.
I've been feeling kind of "fluffy" lately, which probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have a voracious appetite and I've let it get out of control. I've gained some weight this winter (some muscle, some fat) and so I'm feeling the need to trim down. But I don't want to have to cut my calories because, well, eating less is never actually enjoyable! :/ I'm trying to remember that it will be worth it because I'm going to feel better, look better, and feel accomplished for achieving my goals. I can't complain if I'm not willing to do anything about it, right?! That being said, I am planning on doing a 1 month challenge for myself, to get my diet back under control and to have some fitness goals to work towards. And I'm planning on rewarding myself with a prize! I'm going to be sharing what I do for workouts, how much I eat, and tracking my progress along the way, which will hopefully give others some insight and maybe a little inspiration as well?! Stay tuned for the details! 🙂
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Post my monthly income report for February.
- Finish writing my story and why I rebranded my business for my About page on Whipped Dream.
- Continue reading #GIRLBOSS.
- Set up my 1 month nutrition + fitness challenge (I'm planning on making it a featured weekly blog post for next month!)
- Powerlift 5 days (5 heavy days).
- Eat 2,200 calories a day.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish writing my story and why I rebranded my business for the About page on Whipped Dream. (I worked on this but it's taking longer than anticipated... why is writing an About page so hard?!)
Add something else to Whipped Dream.(I set up the Facebook group! See the Ambitious Unicorns page on my site for more info.)
- Continue reading #GIRLBOSS. (I didn't read any more of this)
Track my calories 5 out of the 7 days this week.
- Power lift 5 days. (I only did 4 days because that's all my body would allow this week.)
- Do one 30-minute run this week (I haven't gone on a run in months!) (I injured my hip flexor last week so I decided not to push it with a run... that would have only made things worse.)
OTHER THINGS I DID WORTH MENTIONING
- I helped my friend Kelly Callaghan, owner of Spray Tan Class, with some spray tan training videos (and got a sweet spray tan!) If you are a beauty professional, you should check out her Facebook group for business tips and inspiration: Beauty Business Babes. 🙂
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful to have people in my life who are honest and aren't afraid to tell me the truth. Sometimes it sucks hearing the truth, BUT I'd rather have that over someone who gets annoyed with me yet doesn't communicate what exactly is annoying them (this can turn into built-up resentment and cause a bigger mess down the road.) I appreciate communication because I can learn from it, make the necessary changes and then grow into a better version of me! 🙂