Welcome to my 9th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
I'm a day late posting this, but this is my own fault... I just didn't make the time yesterday to write it. Regardless, I'm writing it today... better late than never!
I've had a very productive week and am finally feeling like I'm progressing forward with everything I've been trying to achieve as of late! Definitely a good week for me in both health and in business! 🙂
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Seeing friends make bad decisions when it comes to being smart with their money and their time and achieving their entrepreneurial goals. It hurts my soul! I want to advise them on what I think they should be doing instead of what they are doing, HOWEVER, I have never had much luck in the past doing things like this. When I give people advice in person, they tend to take offense to it and then do the opposite, so I've just stopped telling people what I think. If people want my advice, they can come to me, otherwise I'm keeping quiet (I suppose I wouldn't want someone to butt into my life and tell me how to live it either... but then again, I've also had people give me good advice that I didn't listen to, but then realized a lot later on they were right after all.) Anyways, my plan is to just let people do what they want and figure things out along the way. Using my blogs to write out my thoughts and advice seems like the best way I can reach people... I just hope they read what I write!
- Saying no to anyone who asks me for help with their website. I have had so many people come to me lately but have to keep practicing that word "No." It's fucking hard because I want to help them and I know it's money I could make fairly quickly, but I'm trying to stay REALLY focused on building my own shit. My new business is slowly coming into fruition and I really want to to have it launched by the beginning of January. I feel like things will REALLY take off for me once I have it created but until then I have to FOCUS and block out all distractions. Sometimes I wish I lived in the middle of no where so I could just make this thing happen in peace and quiet and without any kind of distractions...
- Finishing my new logo design. It's taking me a long time to get it perfect and I don't really know why. I feel like such a perfectionist but I didn't like the previous 2 logos I designed and redesigned for Whipped Dream so I want to make sure the 3rd time is the charm. I want it to be strong and to symbolize exactly what my business is all about.
- Still thinking about whether I want to move or not. I'd like to move to a place that is quieter but the moving process takes up a lot of time and energy, which I don't think is going to help me while I'm trying to also focus on my new business goals. However, moving to a new and quieter place could help me with my focus overall, but I think for now it might be best to just focus on one thing at a time. Once the business is up and running, then maybe I'll start working on the process of moving. Ugh... patience.
- Still not sure why I'm SO EXHAUSTED every Saturday and Sunday. Like, can't-get-out-of-bed exhausted. I mean I know I work really hard all week on my business stuff and my workouts, so that could be part of it. But then I spend Thursday and Friday at my boyfriend's, running all sorts of errands and stuff and being with him constantly for 2 days straight... which makes me think, as an introvert, all this time together could just be draining me. Or maybe it's the fact that I just go non-stop all week and need 2 days to recover. Hmmm.
- Sleep is still a struggle. Last week I was probably sleeping an average of 5-6 hours a night, but Monday night I slept 10 HOURS... which was glorious. I forced myself to go to bed at 9:30 in order to be able to get more sleep and I think this is the key to a successful night's rest. I hate going to bed, but I have to have the discipline to force myself to go to bed earlier in order to sleep an optimal amount. I am awoken around 7:00 every morning by people starting their cars for work, trash trucks rolling through, the gym across the alley from me and construction going on, so this just means I need to get to bed earlier.
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish designing my new logo.
- Really FOCUS on developing my business further and cut out every other distracting thing I can.
- Try not to spend money on anything I don't really need right now.
- Bench 130 for 3.
- Test my max squat.
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep minimum a night.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Come up with my finalized community name for my new business.(I've been working on this for over a month now... and finally feel like the one I came up with is PERFECT!)
- Finish my new logo (main one, 2 alternatives and a favicon.) (Made great progress on this but still have yet to complete it... hopefully this week!)
Figure out how to fix MailChimp newsletter so all new posts go out in one email.(I think I finally figured this little pain-in-the-ass out!)
Bench 125lbs. for 5. Squat 190lbs. for 5.(Actually did 195 for 5! Almost to that 200!!) Lift 5 days this week (instead of 4).
Extra Stuff I Did That's Worth Mentioning
- I did 4 full pull-ups! (I've only been able to do almost 3.)
- I pulled 200 lbs. deadlifting and am finally getting my form right after 6 months of struggling!
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
Realizing that FOCUS and simplifying everything is the key to growth and success! This is the mindset I've always been very capable of but never really realized how important it was when you're trying to balance "all the things." Now I'm just picking 2-3 things to really focus on at a time, mastering them and then moving onto the next thing. So simple, yet genius!