Welcome to my 8th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
I feel like I didn't really accomplish any of my goals this past week, which is kind of frustrating. I don't really know where the week went but here I am at Monday again.
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Trying to come up with a community name for my new business idea. Been spending a lot of time trying to find ideas and inspiration for this but it's taking longer than anticipated and I feel like I'm running out of time (I want to have the new, rebranded site up by the first week of January.) Last Friday, I woke up at 3am with a wave of new ideas... I had to get out of bed and make notes on them before I forgot them all! But then I couldn't fall back asleep for 3 more hours. It's funny how creativity can strike you at any time of day, even in the middle of the night when you are dead asleep. Anyways, I'd really like to get this figured out this week so I can move forward with everything!
- Reconsidering this AirBnb idea after doing some more in-depth research. I would prefer to live alone, so I was thinking of getting a 1-bedroom, HOWEVER, I realized 2-bedrooms, on average, are only about $300 more than 1-bedrooms, so it might actually be smarter to get a bigger place because of the fact that it opens up more options. I could make up the difference of $300 pretty easily by having someone rent out the room for 2 weekends for like $100/night. To make the deal even sweeter, I could have someone stay for an entire month and potentially live rent free, which would essentially save me about $12,000 a year (I can put that towards my debt!) Sometimes San Diego has big events going on and so I could charge higher rates for weeks like Comic Con. And I could be pickier who I let in my house by filtering them out from the beginning. My boyfriend is still considering buying me a place to live in as a total business deal; it'd be an investment to him and it would help me save money which will help me pay off my debt faster (which is my #1 goal right now... being debt free!) I figure if I don't like the AirBnb thing after trying it, I could get a roommate and just split the rent. Or my boyfriend could move in and we'd still have the extra room that I could use for my office. Or I could just live there alone and only rent the place out when I'm traveling. Or I could move out and he could have an AirBnb co-host manage it for him. There are lots of options! Just gotta weigh everything out still.
- MailChimp. The thing I thought I fixed last week, was not fixed. My weekly email still isn't sending my subscribers all of my new blogs posts for the week; it's only sending them one post. I don't know why this is so hard for me but it's really starting to frustrate me that I can't figure it out. I really need to learn more about MailChimp because email marketing is ESSENTIAL!
- I was absolutely exhausted again this past weekend and couldn't workout or do much of anything other than lay around and take naps. I'm trying to figure out what the cause of this is because I basically feel hungover for 2 straight days, yet I'm not even drinking! Whatever is causing this is probably the reason why I haven't been accomplishing my weekly goals... because I'm basically losing 2 full days of work. Hmmm...
- My friends have been asking me to go to all this festive and social stuff but I really have no desire to. I'm so focused on my goals right now that the last thing I want to do is set myself back after putting in all the hard work! I feel bad saying no and not hanging out with them, because I want to see them and life is short! But I have goals I want to accomplish and the sooner I accomplish those, the better everything is going to get, so just need to sacrifice what isn't important now for what is important (to me).
- Kind of getting stressed about going home to Boston for the holidays because it's going to be really hard to stay focused and on track with my health & fitness goals + the rebrand of my new business. It's hard to have fun and enjoy yourself when all you want to do is move forward with your progress. I'm trying to remember that family is important and since I don't see them that often, it's going to be a good thing to connect with them.
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Come up with my finalized community name for my new business.
- Finish my new logo (main one, 2 alternatives and a favicon.)
- Figure out how to fix MailChimp newsletter so all new posts go out in one email.
- Bench 125lbs. for 5.
- Squat 190lbs. for 5.
- Lift 5 days this week (instead of 4).
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish my business plan (Been working on it but it's not finished yet.)
- Finish my logo (I didn't even work on this at all last week!)
- Finish my website prototype (I didn't work on this at all either!)
Hit 150g. of protein a day.(My average was 157g. for the week so even if some days were lower, I made up for it on other days.)
- Do 4 pull-ups. (Didn't even try to do any pull-ups last week)
Do at least 3 squats at 180 lbs.(I actually did 190 for 3!)
Extra Stuff I Did That's Worth Mentioning
- Put a maintenance page up on Whipped Dream to let people know I'm in the process of rebranding.
- Updated the Retroactive Uber Referral page on my Uber Driver Referral blog to see if people will email Uber first to get the bonus amount in their city (so far so good! The goal is to have to explain less to people through email!)
- Updated the Lyft & Uber promos on my Uber blog.
- Wrote my Monthly Blogging Income Report for November.
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful for the substantial progress I made this past year in both business and in health/fitness. I feel like things are finally coming together for me and that I'm on the right track. I've been meeting all the right people and removing all the wrong people, which can be hard to do but is essential and worth it. Realizing I have to focus more on myself and do what is best for me is probably one of the most important things I've learned in the process, and I'm very grateful that I've learned how to do it (although there is plenty more space for me to learn and improve on!)