Welcome to my 7th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
I'm kind up upset right now because as I was finishing this post up and saving it as a draft, WordPress hiccuped or something and just went ahead and DELETED MY ENTIRE POST! I tried to retain it but unfortunately wasn't unable to, so now I have to rewrite the entire thing all over again.
This is on top of a really stressful week I just had, which took away all the time I was going to use to work on my goals from last week.
Sometimes, you just can't win.
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Trying to decide whether I should change the name of my new business from Whipped Dream to something else. This would mean I'd have to change my email, business checking account, legal stuff, etc. and I just don't know if it's worth the hassle.
- Trying to finish up my business plan. I want to get it perfect so I'm really spending a lot of time on it but I'm starting to get impatient and just want it done already!
- Changing my logo. I've come up with a few ideas so far but I'm not completely happy with them. Still going to need more work.
- Where I want to move to in a few months. I don't think I want to do the AirBnB thing because I need my home environment to be my little sanctuary. I want to move away from the party scene to a quieter and nicer place that's still close to the gym and the grocery store... you know, the important things 🙂
- I was absolutely exhausted this weekend and couldn't do anything other than lay around for 2 days straight. Plus I was a hungry hungry hippo and just kept feeling like I needed to eat more! I think this is because my workouts have been more intense, I had a stressful week last week and I did a lot of running around. Regardless, I don't want to go through that again and so I need to figure out what I need to do to recover faster.
- Trying to figure out what I want and trying to trust that my intuition is right. It's been pretty spot on in the past but it's scary when you don't know what's going to happen after you make your decision!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish my business plan.
- Finish my logo.
- Finish my website prototype.
- Hit 150g. of protein a day.
- Do 4 pull-ups.
- Do at least 3 squats at 180 lbs.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish designing my new logo for Whipped Dream. (Didn't have time.)
Make progress in the business plan and see if it's worth it for me to have a business partner.(I decided not to.)
- Finish the website prototype. (Didn't have time.)
Only go to the gym outside of the hours of 3pm and 8pm.(So much better!) Squat 175lbs for 5.(Did this! See the video here.)
- Try to be asleep by midnight. (I got in bed around 11ish but didn't necessarily fall asleep by midnight. Regardless, I've gotten a bit more sleep and I'm feeling better!)
Extra Stuff I Did That's Worth Mentioning
- Helped my mom with her SEO on her new blog post about clearing Chakras with Moonstone
- Wrote a blog post about what I could create with a full force of focus and energy and added to Pinterest and Facebook
- Added a bunch of new pins to my Tara Tierney Pinterest account and deleted boards I no longer use
- Told 4 people no (potential biz partner, doing AirBnB idea with my boyfriend, and doing client work with 2 of my clients) which is a big deal to me because I'm finally working on MY thing and only MY thing!
- Made a vision board for 2017 on Pinterest
- Fixed my MailChimp RSS feed (hopefully... it was only sending one blog post instead of all the the posts I posted that week)
- Updated Lyft & Uber promos on my Uber blog
- Wrote some potential blog posts in Google Drive
- Benched a new PR of 115lbs. for 5
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful for the people who didn't get mad at me when I told them no. It was really hard for me because I didn't know how they would react and I also didn't want to let them down. They took the news well and that just made everything easier on me because now I can move forward without feeling guilty. 🙂
Well, that's what I've got going on this week. I think these posts are definitely helping me keep myself accountable and motivated and so I will definitely be carrying on with them! 🙂