Welcome to my 4th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
So far I'm really loving this idea because it is definitely helping me in a variety of ways! If you're an entrepreneur, blogger or small business owner who feels overwhelmed with all that you need to do every week, then keep reading because you might find some ideas in here that could be helpful to you!
WHY I'M DOING THIS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Not sure where I should be putting my focus right now; this blog, Whipped Dream, Uber Driver Referral or Herba Member. I feel like my passion lies in designing things and helping others create their dreams, and so I want to develop and promote my own products, instead of promoting other company's products. However, my Uber and Herbalife blogs are making me a pretty good amount of money, and passively at that, so I feel like I should put some maintenance effort into them. Maybe I should hire a virtual assistant... meh. But I like to work alone!!
- I really want to rebrand Whipped Dream but I don't know if now is a good time to do that. I want to try to make as much money as I can to close the year off, and so if I put my focus into rebranding, that's going to take away from client work or blogging work that pays. However, it could help me open doors to new opportunities sooner and I'll be doing more of what I love, so maybe I should just do it now?! Dahhh, I dunno!
- MailChimp and doing Newsletters are two things I need to learn more about. My "list" has been growing exponentially for this blog just this past week (40 new subscribers the first 7 days of this month as opposed to 52 new subscribers over 30 days last month) and I don't really know what to do with it! Haha. Check it out:
- Been getting headaches a lot more frequently, which don't mix well with productivity. In 2015, I was getting debilitating migraines once a week, almost every week. They were so bad, I couldn't get out of bed the entire day and I had to just lay in the dark until it passed. My mom used to get them when she was my age, and she told me they were probably caused by stress. I haven't been too stressed this past week, but I was the previous weeks so maybe it had a delayed effect? It could also be because I'm dehydrated. I know in 2015 I was working out a lot and not eating or drinking as much as I probably should have and so that was probably wasn't helping matters. Regardless, I need to figure out the root cause of this because I don't really feel like suffering through these migraines again!
- Taking videos of myself weight lifting... ugh. It's something I'm being forced to do per my trainer, aka boyfriend. Haha. If it's not documented, it didn't happen! I hate videos of myself, don't know why... maybe because I'm shy? But I'm trying to get more comfortable having them taken of me in order to see where my mistakes are so I can fix them. And also for integrity purposes. I posted a video of me doing a heavy squat last week on my Instagram for starters. Bleah, now it's out there for the world. I guess I better get used to this video thing because I hear it's going to be the big thing for businesses in 2017.... At least I'm getting a head start?!?
- My body has been really sore lately, which is probably due to not stretching as much as I should. I need to make a point to stretch after every workout!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Watch module 7 of the Blog Hive.
- Be more active in the Facebook groups and see if anyone can help me with my business struggles... and maybe get a client or two for design work?!
- Start creating a branding board for the rebrand of Whipped Dream.
- Take at least 1 video of myself doing squats, deadlifts and bench press this week (Ugh! Uncomfortable!)
- Take a progress pic in the posing room at the gym (Also uncomfortable!)
- Stretch after EVERY workout and see how I feel in a week.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Finish Module 6 of the "Blog Hive". Post my monthly income report for October.
- Post a blog post on Whipped Dream (I meant to do this over the weekend, BUT I had a raging migraine for most of it, so the last thing I wanted to do was look at a lit up computer screen. I think I might hold off on this anyways since I'm still trying to figure out the rebranding dealio.)
Eat no more than 2,000 calories a day.(Some days were higher than others but my daily average for the week was 2,000 so I'll take it!)
- Hit 150g. of protein every day. (Almost achieved this! Should have been 1,050g. of protein total for the week but I was at about 970g. so about 80g. below my goal.)
Make a serious effort to find the positives in things rather than complaining about them.(I feel in a much happier state of mind now!)
Extra Stuff I Did That's Worth Mentioning
- Buffered out my 10 quotes to be posted on social media and scheduled out my week.
- Posted those images on my Whipped Dream Pinterest account.
- Posted my Weekly Struggles #3 post.
- Added an Instagram feed to the home page of my Whipped Dream website.
- Worked on changes to my client's website and finally finished it! Check it out at KissedTanning.com
- Updated my Uber ad in the sidebar of my Uber Driver Referral blog & pinned that image into one of my Uber boards on Pinterest.
- Wrote and posted my monthly income report for October.
- Added a Gmail scheduler add-on to my email so I can write emails whenever I want, but then schedule them to be sent later. Loving this so far!
- Updated my business Yelp page.
- Decided to try being more active in Facebook groups, so I've started commenting and posting in the following: Creative Superheroes and Blog & Biz BFF's.
- Finished Module 6 of Melyssa Griffin's "The Blog Hive"! Only 2 more modules to go!
- I squatted 160lbs. for 5 so I'm finally back to where I was before my vacation about 6 weeks ago! I also feel my quads getting bigger, in a good way 😉
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
This is a new category I'm adding on this week! I want to show my appreciation because, well, I think it's important! 🙂
I am so glad I met my boyfriend, Matt, 6 months ago... he couldn't have come at a more perfect time! After struggling for so long, I was finally doing better in business and so I felt like I could start being a little more social. I decided to try the dating scene again, but I really needed to make sure that the person I dated was someone who was going to be a good influence on me.
Well, looks like I got what I was looking for! 🙂
Matt has helped me so much! Let me count the ways... 😛
- He's a very structured person, so naturally he added some structure to my crazy, all-over-the-place, entrepreneurial schedule, which apparently I really, really needed because everything is just BETTER as a whole now.
- When he takes his 2 days off each week, those become my 2 days off... as a workaholic, this kind of forced work/life balance is essential!!
- He gets a 1-hour massage from Massage Envy twice a month, so now I go and get a 1-hour massage twice a month, with him. 🙂 This is DEFINITELY something I need on the reg in my life!
- He's also helped me with my nutrition and has become a great accountability partner; we grocery shop together, cook together, weigh food together and track macros & calories together in MyFitnessPal. This stuff is sooo much easier when you have someone to do it with!
- I used to do a lot more high rep/intense/plyo/jumping-around-type-stuff but was also suffering from some annoying knee problems. He told me to stop doing those kinds of workouts and low and behold, ever since I did, the pain has pretty much gone away!
- He's brought me to a whole new level in the heavy lifting scene (squats, deadlifts and bench pressing), which has been doing amazing things for my figure, btw. 😉 Plus, we workout together most days of the week (I've always wanted a boyfriend who would lift with me!) #swolemates
- He's helped me lose 12 lbs. since I met him! I've been trying to lose that weight for years now!! I'm also down to my lowest body fat % in a long, long time; I've lost about 4% over the last 6 months. 🙂
Even though I hate being so structured and strict in life (as an entrepreneur, I have the mindset of "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want!" and "Don't tell me what to do, or I'll do the opposite!") it's been helping me get the results I've been wanting and needing in both business and in health. I'm also a person who doesn't like to ask for help, but I am so SO grateful to have his help!
Which reminds me to remind YOU... it's okay to ask for help!!! Sometimes our egos get in the way and block us from our full potentials!
For a while there, I really wasn't really sure if I was ready to date again and was actually considering breaking it off with him about 3 months in, simply because I couldn't stand being around someone so strict. But, looking back, I'm really glad I stuck with him because I believe this one is actually really, really good for me. 🙂
Bahhh the sappiness. Who am I?!?!
Ok, I'm done. 🙂
Well, that's what I've got going on this week. I think these posts are definitely helping me keep myself accountable and motivated and so I will definitely be carrying on with them! 🙂