Welcome to my 3rd post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
So far I'm really loving this idea because it is definitely helping me in a variety of ways! If you're an entrepreneur, blogger or small business owner who feels overwhelmed with all that you need to do every week, then keep reading because you might find some ideas in here that could be helpful to you!
WHY I'M DOING THIS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Getting through Melyssa Griffin's "The Blog Hive". My goal last week was to finish the course (almost 8 hours of videos,) however, I found it difficult to watch that many videos in 1 week. I kept getting antsy and felt the need to create/do stuff, instead of being passive and just watching stuff. I also found myself losing focus after a while, especially if she was discussing a topic I wasn't currently interested in (like using Twitter or creating online workshops.) The course has a lot of information (good information!) but I think I need a little more time to digest everything. I think it might be better if I spread the last 3 modules out over the next week or two. At least I completed over 3 modules this past week!
- Feeling kind of overwhelmed trying to produce content and keep up with all of my different blogs (I currently have 4 of them.) One blog or business is a lot in itself, but apparently I like to go big or go home. I don't really think this is a good thing for me to be spreading my focus across all these blogs AND trying to do design work for clients. But at the same time, I don't want to outsource work because I don't want to pay someone to do this stuff for me since I'm kind of just making it all up as I go. Regardless, I need to figure out a way to handle all this stuff!
- Feeling a bit overwhelmed by my bills coming up this month... and the holiday season being around the corner. Really need to start amping up the income!
- I've been staying pretty stagnant with my weight loss, which is probably because my nutrition hasn't exactly been on par. I'm working out plenty but have been eating out a lot and not watching my calorie intake as closely as I should. Need to get back on track!
- I haven't been able to accomplish my weekly weight lifting goals for a few weeks now. This probably has something to do with my diet... I think I also need to add more protein in daily.
- My attitude needs some work. I need to figure out why I've been complaining so much lately about everything! It's been so bad! I want to turn my attitude around because I have so many good things going for me right now, there really shouldn't be anything to complain about!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish Module 6 of the "Blog Hive".
- Post my monthly income report for October.
- Post a blog post on Whipped Dream.
- Eat no more than 2,000 calories a day.
- Hit 150g. of protein every day.
- Make a serious effort to find the positives in things rather than complaining about them.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish watching all the videos in Melyssa Griffin's "The Blog Hive" blogging course (I only got through 3 of them, still have 3 more to go!)
Write first blog post on HerbaMember.com Work on figuring out ways to decrease the interruptions while I work.
- Hit 110 lbs. for 5 benching and 160 lbs. for 5 squatting (going to try this again!) (Only did 110 for 3 benching and 140 for 4 squatting... weird I lost strength with squatting.)
- Lose 2 more lbs. (I actually gained 2 lbs.)
Hit the gym 4 days (I want to see if 1 more day of rest helps with muscle recovery vs. 5 days of lifting. Plus I play soccer twice a week so if I don't go to the gym one day, but still play soccer, I don't get a full rest day.)
Extra Stuff I Did That's Worth Mentioning
- Set up my free Buffer account, made 10 of my own images in Illustrator and scheduled them out to post on my Whipped Dream Instagram account Mon-Fri, twice a day (LOVING this, btw!) These also post to my Facebook page automatically from Instagram.
- Posted these images on my Whipped Dream Pinterest account.
- Added some products to my Maven boards & then pinned them to Pinterest and also added a shop page on this blog.
- Signed up for Melyssa Griffin’s affiliate program (I definitely want to promote her courses! She is awesome!)
- Updated my Whipped Dream home page, about page and contact page.
- Updated my MailChimp lists forms for all my accounts.
- Updated my Lyft & Uber posts on this blog with new my new email address, made sure they were all correctly linked to promote my new Uber Driver Referral blog and updated the Lyft ad on the sidebar to reflect the correct Lyft driver bonus.
- Took a free 3-hour SEO course on Udemy (I highly recommend this if you're new to SEO or need to brush up on it!)
- Set up a MailChimp account for Herbamember.com so I can collect emails now that I started posting blog posts on that site.
- Organized my desktop bookmarks (this took a while... they were a mess! I feel much more organized and in control now!)
Well, that's what I've got going on this week. I think these posts are definitely helping me keep myself accountable and motivated and so I will definitely be carrying on with them! 🙂