Welcome to my 11th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
I've been spending my time visiting family and friends back home in the Boston area for the past week, which has been a whirl wind of running around to various parties and events.
I've worked here and there when I could, but have mostly just tried to enjoy the holidays.
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Working on the design of my new home page for Whipped Dream. I have an idea of how I'd like it to look but I'm still kind of struggling with it because I'm not 100% happy with it just yet.
- Trying to figure out what I want to do to make passive income through my new business. I have a few ideas but I need to figure out the specifics and when to create them.
- Finding the time to work on my stuff with all of the busyness of the holidays. There's so much I want to do but not enough time this week! I guess maybe I should just do what I can and use this week as a bit of a vacation.
- Struggling with the guilt of not being able to stick to a healthier diet while I was home for the holidays. I tried to be good, and actually was good for the first half of the week, until Christmas and the 2 days after. It was like one sugary/carby/fatty thing snowballed into a whole bunch of other sugary/carby/fatty things and, well, I'm pretty much feeling like a cream puff right now! At least I didn't drink much at all this past week; only 3 beers total. 🙂
- Struggling with the guilt of barely working out for the past week. I wanted to workout, I had some time earlier in the week to workout, yet I chose not to because that was "easier" and because I couldn't workout in the way I wanted to. Ugh. I couldn't really enjoy my time at home because I kept thinking about how bad I just wanted to get back to my gym (I guess you can say I'm pretty much addicted?!) "Once you start seeing results, it becomes an addiction."
- Feeling guilty and weird about accepting gifts this year for Christmas. I'm trying to become more of a minimalist and so I'd rather not receive anything new because I already have everything I need. I feel bad when someone takes the time out of their day to shop for me and spends money on me; I guess part of me feels like they should save their money for things they actually need instead of spending it on things for me that I don't actually need. I think Christmas is a holiday that is getting blown way out of proportion and I'd honestly rather just spend quality time with people I care about.
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish designing the home page for the rebrand of Whipped Dream.
- Work on my monthly income report for December 2016 and post it Jan 2.
- Start writing my year in review.
- Get back to my gym and lift 3-4 days.
- Start tracking my food again in My Fitness Pal
- Walk a minimum of 30 min a day Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Figure out the font I want to use for my new logo and purchase a license to use it.(First time ever purchasing a font license! But I'm excited about the fonts I chose!) Try to finalize my damn logo!(FINALLY finished it) Try to finish the post I started about why it's actually good to be a quitter.(See that post here.)
- Weight lift at least 3 days for 30-60 min (I need to get a 3-day pass to the local gym or else workout in my mom's basement.) (I only did one day... epic FAIL.)
- Focus on eating a lot of protein and veggies while I'm home (and try to avoid cookies as much as possible... I'm a cookie monster!) (Cookie monster struck the scene.)
Get a chiropractic adjustment to hopefully help with the tightness in my lower back (my mom's boyfriend is a chiropractor, lucky me!)
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
Having such caring family and friends. I enjoyed spending time with all the people who matter the most to me while I've been home!